Sunday, June 13, 2010

dexter is cool, but he's not AMAZING - Season 1



I started watching Season 1 of Dexter and I'm on the seventh episode.  I have to say, though this show is pretty good, it still hasn't gotten me hooked.  I consider attributing that to my lack of interest in crime-television shows, but I think the bigger factor is the lack of strong romance-drama in the show...which I must admit, as much as I outwardly abhor drama, just a bit of it spices up the story.  (I'm also not even completed with the first season so I have to watch more before I can judge this show wholly).  Regardless, Dexter still stands high as a good show to watch that has an original and engaging storyline.  Dexter is like a tricky, level-hard sudoku puzzle that makes you antsy every time you use your pencil to scratch a number down into the paper.  The gore is quite graphic and requires a stomach and a mind to handle the images.  On another note I have to give credit to Michael C. Hall's performance in his role so far, he plays the perfect Dexter, looks included!
Apparently this show won an Emmy and Golden-Globe award...I guess I'll have to finish season 1 at least before I judge it wholly to see if I truly disagree with the world's critics and public.

No comments:

Post a Comment